Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An exciting day of Resume

Well, you guessed it. Today we learned all about the exciting world of creating a CV and Resume. I actually had to make one for me technical writing class, but it's amazing how much you do forget after not having to do it for a while. My A-Ha moment came when learning a little more about how to use Word '07. We learned how to make little design things on our papers and how to lock them in place so they aren't always moving around when you type. I can't tell you how frustrating that has been for me in the past so that was a big help. But ya know, I've always had trouble creating a resume. It's always taken me more time than i think is necessary to put one together. So this, i hope, will be a good learning experience to help solidify what i know in creating a CV.
Now, on a lighter note, there is a prank we did back in good ol' scout camp. There was a camp counselor who was pretty annoying and no one really liked him. Well, every night he slept on his own really big blow up mattress. Well, this camp was located on the shore of one of the finger lakes in upstate new york. So, we decided (with the help of some other counselors actually) picked up his mattress while he was sleeping and floated him out onto the lake. He never woke up until he was out a little ways on the water. It was so funny to see how confused he was. I just can't believe it worked. (and no worries, the water front lifeguards were there watching him...a lot of people were in on it.) So yeah, it was pretty dang funny. Anyways, take care!

No comments: