Friday, September 12, 2008

The Interview!

So, along the lines of getting a job and making a resume and all that fun stuff, today we learned about how to properly go to an interview and present ourselves while there. The resume is made mainly to get you to the interview. So one of the things that stood out to me today was that there are many things about an individual that can't be properly displayed on paper. You need to show them who you are in person. Also, one of the most important things you can do is to differentiate yourself. Show them how you are unique and make them remember you. So, in thinking about this there is something unique about me. When i was in high school, for prom, my friends and i completely duct taped my entire van and decked out the inside to look like a limo. It was so awesome. It was basically my fifteen minutes of fame for my little town. If you want to hear the whole story i'll have to tell you! But, today was a good day. I learned a lot. Do your research before you have the interview with a particular company. Until next time, take care!

No comments: