Monday, November 24, 2008

ArcGIS again

Well, we've been continuing to to work with Arc and it's a really tough program. I think it's a combination of everything hitting us at once it other classes that makes it hard to focus...at least for me. So, sadly, i've gotten behind in the Arc work. But, it is neat to learn the program as a whole, because once we got it down we'll be able to use it in the future for field camp and those kinds of things. I really think it's cool how you can make your own contacts on a mylar sheet, scan it in, and then overlay it on a topo map and georeference it! It was great. I'm just frustrated because i'm slow in these things. I need to go over it again and again. Oh well, i'll get it.
Now, as for the random questions, the best book i read recently was....oh wait....i haven't read for fun since before the mission. Oh my gosh...that's the saddest thing in the world. I've just read gospel related thins and text books!! I live a sad existence. However, i did start reading a fantasy book written by a professor here at BYU actually, called Elantris. It's good to read something for fun. But i haven't been able to pick it back up for at least a month *sniff*. Also, as far as Christmas music goes...i'm an after thanksgiving kind of a guy. People are just too crazy about it and i think you need to give thanksgiving a chance before you jump the gun and go onto Christmas.

No comments: