Friday, October 24, 2008

Merge the Pictures!

This was a fun lecture to learn how to do. We learned how to merge two or more photos into a panorama of one big picture. The tools i used to doctor up this panorama was obviously, merge the photos. I also used a combination of the dodge and burn tools to lighten and darken around the seam lines where i put the pictures together as well as the eraser tool to make it look more realistic. I also changed the sky to get rid of all the clouds. Furthermore, i adjusted to levels to make the colors a little bit more defined as well as played around with the color levels themselves to make the colors a little more realistic too. Finally, i used to transform tool to make the pictures fit together more perfectly. So here ya have it. My two photos are now merged and they look like they were always one! My only frustrations are that i found out later that there is a wicked easy way to merge them automatically. You can put any images that you want into one panorama and the computer will do it for you almost perfectly. It's amazing. So, naturally, I found that out after i spent an hour and a half on this one. But that's just the way things go. My a ha moment today, however, was learning how to use the clone tool. That was wicked sweet how you can add or take away parts of the image to how you like. So i leaned that you are just replacing it is that you want to replace, with something else. So that's cool!
Now, my superstition is... ... ...I don't really know. I honestly can't think right now if i have a superstition or not. I probably have one that i just don't realize at the moment. So, next time if i think about it i'll post it up. Now, enjoy the photo.

No comments: